Saturday, December 02, 2006

Those Pictures I Promised






Here is a pic of us on the Nile. I am the one in the front right. We are pretty screwed in this rapid already.







These two are a before and after on a giant rapid called The Juice. There is an enormous hole right in the middle that we aimed straight for. You can see me in the front right of the boat about to get launched. I didn't really realize it at the time, but when we watched the video you can see me get shot up into the air a few feet, then fall back onto the raft right before it flips completely. The swim on that one was smooth but loooooooooooooong. There is a lot of power in the river, and it loves to keep you down.





Above is a picture of the whole group of us enhoying our Nile Specials after a long day on the river. Eleven of us came over with ACTS and the two tall guys in the back are friends from Canada who are starting up an NGO that establishes libraries in East Africa.




Above are the live critters, and below is me enjoying my very first fried hopper.







Look at all of them! This is the end product. It takes sooooo long to strip them of their wings and legs. At first we felt pretty bad doing it, but everyone got desensitized pretty fast. It was just preparing food, kind of like shucking corn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric K said...

WOW I did not proof read my previous comment before I posted it. So heres my edited version.

Call me retarded but I just found the link to submit comments on these posts. So it might not look like I've been reading these but I have. Collect your thoughts before you come back I wanna hear some damn crazy stories of your trip. Keep having a chill time but do hurry back, I'm bored as hell here.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home