Sunday, November 05, 2006

More Pictures!








So I don't have anything really new to write....I've been kinda sick all week so not much has happened. I will spare you the details of my current ailment, but if any of you are really interested just say the word and you can have a poo post.

So the pictures. Sorry they are quite graphic. I will describe them. The first few on the top are at the church memorial, the one where they didn't reomove anything. The one with all the clothes is a room full of the clothes of the victims at the church. You can see the skulls lined up on shelves, and inthe back corner of the church you can see another pile of bones. Outside the church, there are all of the femur bones on a tarp. There was a poster of the pope on the wall, apparently he came to visit and they put it up at the time. On a lighter note, you can see the taxi park in Kigali, and then me enjoying some delicious goat on a stick and a cold coke. It may have been one of the best meals ever. "Enjoy" the pics. I apologize again for their serious nature.

2 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Hi Graeme - Yep those are somber and sad photos, especially of you with the meat stick! No wonda' you are sick. Coke in a bottle, that is very classic. Sorry you haven't been feeling probably just adjusting to the foods and enzymes. Upon your return to wordly Walnut Crick, we can get some General Tsao or Pizza perhaps. That should settle the growling intestines. Get well soon.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Patti Heaps said...

Grae,

I've just read thru your blog. What a gritty experience you are getting. Jonny has read your blog and has been following your posts. We are ready to have him home....when I think about how far away you and Jon are it is hard not to FREAK with worry.

Your Mom and I try to have coffee as often as our schedules will allow. You know ....your mom's best friend murna died the same year my best friend rhoda died. Murna of leukemia and Rhoda of lou gerhigs or als. Both deaths surrounded around a great bit of personal saddness...and I think it was one of the things that bonded your mom and I together.

I am praying for you and so proud that you are following your passions. I'm going to email Angela mason with your blog so she can see what you are doing.

Take good care and keep blogging!
Love,
Patti

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home